Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud FOLDER sharing

April 5, 2020.

Does iCloud folder sharing actually work.

On iOS 13.3.1 the Add People option does not appear.

On MacOS 10.15.3 the Add People option does not appear.

One can share a folder when logged into iCloud.com, but the shared FOLDER does not appear on any devices.

I guess it doesn't work.

Anybody have different results.

Note: FILE sharing works fine. FOLDER sharing is the subject of the issue.

i_am_brendanc MacBook Pro 15"

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 3:57 PM

Share folders with iCloud Drive - Apple Support describes how to use Folder Sharing.

It will not appear on iOS 13.3.1 because: "To share folders in iCloud Drive on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you need iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later."

It works for me, but I learned that I had to create a Folder on iCloud Drive which I named "Shared." Before I did that, none of the existing Folders such as "Numbers," "Pages," etc would actively display the "Add People" option.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2020 3:57 PM in response to Nadnerb1969

Share folders with iCloud Drive - Apple Support describes how to use Folder Sharing.

It will not appear on iOS 13.3.1 because: "To share folders in iCloud Drive on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you need iOS 13.4 or iPadOS 13.4 or later."

It works for me, but I learned that I had to create a Folder on iCloud Drive which I named "Shared." Before I did that, none of the existing Folders such as "Numbers," "Pages," etc would actively display the "Add People" option.

iCloud FOLDER sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.