Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus pop-up on iPhone

I recently got a pop up while browsing on Safari that said something along the lines of "You have 27 detected viruses ... you are at risk of losing contacts, damaging SIM Card."

The pop up could only be closed by pressing "Remove all Viruses" -- which directed me to the App Store where I was led to an app that would remove the viruses. I did not download the app, but did press the pop-up.

I know this is scam, but am I still at risk because I DID press on the pop up?

Thanks so much.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 11:02 PM

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware by merely clicking on a link in Safari, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken.

Similar questions

3 replies

Virus pop-up on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.