Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any current recommendations for antivirus/malware program for MacBook Pro

I just got a MacBook Pro. I am new to Macs. What antivirus/malware software would you recommend?

When I look up the question I seem to find a lot of answers from a few years ago

Thank you for any recommendations.

MacBook

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 10:57 PM

None. Norton, Avast, MacKeeper (horrible product!), etc. ... at best they slow you down, at worst they destroy critical system components.

You have a "Firewall" which does know how to properly interact with macOS and that is enough.

4 replies

Apr 5, 2020 11:31 PM in response to new2maclaptop

Should also have mentioned ... do NOT use and self-proclaimed "cleaners" (like CleanMyMac). They can be as destructive and the antivirus products.

If you have any concerns about invalid files or attachments that may have wormed their way in, please check here before taking other actions. The combined experience here has seen most of the scams and invasive code to be found in MacWorld.

Apr 5, 2020 11:52 PM in response to new2maclaptop

new2maclaptop Said:

I just got a MacBook Pro. I am new to Macs. What antivirus/malware software would you recommend?

———-

I recommend MalwareBytes for Mac:

This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found from the quarantine.

Why it is Trustworthy:

It is created by longtime users of these forums. So, that is why it is the only way to go about securing your Mac, when it comes through use of software.

Download it Here: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac

Any current recommendations for antivirus/malware program for MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.