Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos for family

I have upgraded my iCloud account storage and turned on iCloud photos so my phone and computer will be synced. My question is what to do with my wifes phone? She has her own iTunes account within my family with me as the admin. If it turn on iCloud photo sync for her account, will her photos show up on all my devices? I just want them to show on my home iMac but not on my own iPad or iPhone.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 9:19 AM

If she is using her own Apple ID for iCloud, her photos won't sync with yours. They will only sync to devices using her Apple ID for iCloud. That is true even if you have upgraded your iCloud storage to a 200GB or large plan and are sharing the storage.

If she wants to share photos that can be done with Family Sharing. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple Support

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 9:19 AM in response to kmaine

If she is using her own Apple ID for iCloud, her photos won't sync with yours. They will only sync to devices using her Apple ID for iCloud. That is true even if you have upgraded your iCloud storage to a 200GB or large plan and are sharing the storage.

If she wants to share photos that can be done with Family Sharing. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple Support

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added.

iCloud photos for family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.