Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad battery at 1% / WLAN not available / Settings app lagging

Hello everybody

My iPad Air has the following problems:

1.   Charge status permanent at 1 %

2.   Connection to power supply or charging cable is not displayed, but is present (power also flows and charges the iPad - otherwise it would not turn on)

3.   WLAN can no longer be activated

4.   The "Settings" app is not available when using

The iPad is virtually unusable. It has no damages. It has never been dropped. No water damage. No damage. Just carefully used for streaming video at home.

I've had these bugs before. Most of the time the problem could be solved by restarting the iPad several times.

Suggested solutions? For example, the WLAN is not broken - Apple, i.e. the system, simply blocks the function (whatever the reason...) Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Marc K.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 9:07 AM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Tesserax

Many thanks for your feedback! So I have tried several variations:

1. Switch off by holding down the power button and then swipe the screen to "power off".
  2. Restart by holding down the Power- & Homebutton.
  3. Let the battery completely empty and then restart by reconnecting it to the charger cable.

At point 1, when the iPad is connected to the Storm, it will automatically turn on again. If I unplug it from the power and turn it off, it stays off until I restart it with the power button.

In the last months the problem could be solved with this way. -> The iPad could be turned off and restarted two or three times and then id worked as usual and the battery showed for example 55% again. Now this is no longer possible. Also the telephone Apple support recommended this procedure to me some months ago.

Recovery mode does not work either... The iPad pulls power from the MacBook, but it doesn't connect to the Finder/iTunes and doesn't show the battery charge level.

iPad battery at 1% / WLAN not available / Settings app lagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.