Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sling TV Login problems

Since the latest software update I have to login to the Sling TV app at least once a day. Sling says it’s a known problem and they are working on it. What is Apple doing to help fix the problem?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:23 PM

Hello aatlow,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that you've been experiencing an issue where you're prompted to repeatedly sign in to the Sling TV app on your Apple TV, and you've already contacted Sling for support.

I do see where Sling has acknowledged this is a known issue like you said, and it looks like it may have been resolved with the latest update to the app:

Sling TV | Known Issues

"This issue has been resolved with the release of SLING app version 3.2.3.132 on tvOS. If you have not automatically received this update, search for "SLING" in the app store, and the button that normally says Open will say Update. Select it if available.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the SLING app. 

If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to wait a few days for the new app to propagate to your device."

Since this is an issue with the specific app, rather than your Apple TV or tvOS, you would want to continue working with Sling if those steps don't resolve the issue.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 7:23 PM in response to aatlow

Hello aatlow,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand that you've been experiencing an issue where you're prompted to repeatedly sign in to the Sling TV app on your Apple TV, and you've already contacted Sling for support.

I do see where Sling has acknowledged this is a known issue like you said, and it looks like it may have been resolved with the latest update to the app:

Sling TV | Known Issues

"This issue has been resolved with the release of SLING app version 3.2.3.132 on tvOS. If you have not automatically received this update, search for "SLING" in the app store, and the button that normally says Open will say Update. Select it if available.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the SLING app. 

If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to wait a few days for the new app to propagate to your device."

Since this is an issue with the specific app, rather than your Apple TV or tvOS, you would want to continue working with Sling if those steps don't resolve the issue.

Take care.

Sling TV Login problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.