Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My email icon on phone disappeared

My email icon on phone disappeared. How do I recover it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:31 PM

If the spotlight search can't find it, then its been uninstalled.

Go to the App Store, and look for "Mail". The first result should be Apple's default Mail app.

If the result has an Open button then its still on the device, if it has a cloud icon instead, then it was uninstalled. Tap on the cloud icon to install it again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 1:31 PM in response to PHS1948

If the spotlight search can't find it, then its been uninstalled.

Go to the App Store, and look for "Mail". The first result should be Apple's default Mail app.

If the result has an Open button then its still on the device, if it has a cloud icon instead, then it was uninstalled. Tap on the cloud icon to install it again.

Apr 6, 2020 12:53 PM in response to PHS1948

Swipe down from the middle of the home screen and type Mail into the search field to find it. If it got buried in a folder, the name of the folder will appear to the right of the app.

Swipe from screen to screen to look for it.

Reset the home screen layout. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. That will return the app to the home screen but it will also destroy your current home screen structure.

If you truly deleted it, go to the App Store and download it again.

My email icon on phone disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.