Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you access screen lock through settings app/menu???

So the top part of my screen about (2 rows of apps and up on home screen) is no longer working. I had my portrait orientation lock or screen lock “on” and I’m not sure how to access it through the settings app/menu. It’s a real bummer if you can imagine not being able to use all controls at top part of screen. Plz help.

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 5:02 PM

OK that makes things all the more challenging and frustrating. Two things I recommend-

1. Try ➔ Force ReStarting Your iPhone and see whether that resolves or improves the condition. More than likely this won't resolve it however definitely worth a try.
  2. Since you mentioned that you are using an iPhone X then see whether it qualifies for the ➔ iPhone X Display Module Replacement Program. You will need enter your serial number into one of the fields on that page and if you cannot get to it on your iPhone then that information is also on your original iPhone packaging. You can also locate this information by logging on to your Apple ID at www.appleid.apple.com from your computer and clicking on your device name.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 5:02 PM in response to micaela224

OK that makes things all the more challenging and frustrating. Two things I recommend-

1. Try ➔ Force ReStarting Your iPhone and see whether that resolves or improves the condition. More than likely this won't resolve it however definitely worth a try.
  2. Since you mentioned that you are using an iPhone X then see whether it qualifies for the ➔ iPhone X Display Module Replacement Program. You will need enter your serial number into one of the fields on that page and if you cannot get to it on your iPhone then that information is also on your original iPhone packaging. You can also locate this information by logging on to your Apple ID at www.appleid.apple.com from your computer and clicking on your device name.

Axel F.

Apr 6, 2020 1:16 PM in response to micaela224

Ugh sorry. iPhone X. Since I am not able to swipe down from any portion of top screen I can’t access the control center that way, I’ve tried editing the settings of control center and it was not listed on there to add or take off control center. I know I’m up to date on software but in the settings app under general I can’t press on “about” or “software update” to go into those. The touch just does not work up there.

Can you access screen lock through settings app/menu???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.