Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar alerts

I have a iPhone SE with the latest iOS update, 13.4 . Why is my phone automatically creating scheduled events in my calendar. I am consistently getting notifications about “having a virus”, which I don’t. While getting notifications from dating sites I’ve never used before. How can I permanently stop this?

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 1:45 PM

It is not a virus. It is spam calendar subscription. See this:

If you go to Calendars at the bottom of the screen there, do you see a calendar listed that matches the color of these events? If you see a strange calendar there under Other or Subscribed, can you uncheck it? Then you may want to check, it seems they will add a strange mail account. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts and see if you find a strange email account there. It may be where the calendar syncing is coming from. Delete the account from there. You will also want to check Settings>General>Profiles, and see if there is anything unusual listed there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2020 1:45 PM in response to Unscheduledalerts

It is not a virus. It is spam calendar subscription. See this:

If you go to Calendars at the bottom of the screen there, do you see a calendar listed that matches the color of these events? If you see a strange calendar there under Other or Subscribed, can you uncheck it? Then you may want to check, it seems they will add a strange mail account. Go to Settings>Passwords & Accounts and see if you find a strange email account there. It may be where the calendar syncing is coming from. Delete the account from there. You will also want to check Settings>General>Profiles, and see if there is anything unusual listed there.

Calendar alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.