Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch (Series 5) locked.

Dear friends,

I forgot to unpair my Apple watch before selling my iPhone. The watch remains locked since then and would ask to unlock the iPhone. I tried the hard restart (holding the power button and knob) but it didn't help. I also tried to reset it by pressing the Power Off Slider and clicking on the "Erase all content and settings". It would only show me the dot circles and after a while would display the same locked screen. Would be grateful for any help you can provide in this regard.

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 6:45 PM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2020 6:50 PM in response to mirwais1978

You need to unpair it with the paired iPhone.

Erase a lost Apple Watch

Before you erase your device, try to locate it or play a sound on it. After you erase it, you can’t use Find My to do either.

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap My Watch, then tap your Apple Watch at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap , then tap Find My Apple Watch.
  4. In the Find My app on your iPhone, tap your watch, then tap Erase This Device.

Also read here: What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

Apr 7, 2020 1:22 AM in response to mirwais1978

On a computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.

Go to Find Iphone.

Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch that you sold.

Click Erase Apple Watch.

Select Next until the device is erased.

Click the remove button next to your Apple Watch.

Apple Watch (Series 5) locked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.