You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gamesir controller no longer working after iOS 13.4 update

Had my Gamesir G6 controller for over 6 months now and have been using it with no issues. Now I’ve updated to iOS 13.4 it is no longer working and I am unable to downgrade back to iOS 13.3.1 as this is now unsigned.

The device connects via Bluetooth as normal but I don’t get any touchscreen inputs when trying to use the controller. Please fix this Bluetooth peripheral issue as I’m sure this is effecting many other peripheral devices

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 7:11 PM

111 replies

Apr 17, 2020 4:56 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello Joseph,

Same issue here with gamepad gamesir g6 after update to 13.4.1(iPhone xs).

Is Connected via bluetooth and it’s the only device.

Can you guys fix the issue i think we’re more then 10k Users affected around the world.

I saw the oficial post from gamesir on twitter and it’s the iOS 13.4 cause.

I pasted the post here:

Recently, we received some feedback saying: G6 cannot be used in iOS 13.4. We would like to extend our sincere apologies to everyone.The dev team hopes that you will NOT upgrade your iOS version to 13.4 for the time being to avoid this problem.

Thanks!

But i think many of us has already upgraded to the latest version of iOS.Please fix the issue and don’t take our gaming experience away.

Many thanks!

KR,

IOS user since 2008

May 12, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Joseph_S.

We have received the update from GameSir as showing below.

This is a problem that cannot be solved in the entire industry at present. The main reason is that Apple has also closed the touch screen interface while optimizing CarPlay for iOS 13.4. This directly leads to the inability to use the touch screen mapping function when the Bluetooth is connected. In other words, the function of G-touch cannot be used normally on iOS 13.4 system.

this is purey related to the carplay with the new update blocking touch screen key mapping .

can you please report this as a lot of people are effected ?

Apr 9, 2020 9:46 AM in response to Tom3dwards

Hello Tom3dwards,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your Bluetooth game controller no longer works with your iPhone after recently updating the software. I can see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, I recommend restarting your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone

If the issue persists, make sure that you're not trying to connect too many Bluetooth accessories at once. Unpair the controller and pair it again.

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Connect a wireless game controller to your Apple device

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Jun 15, 2020 4:59 AM in response to ILoveGaming

I used your link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

I encourage all looking for a fix to also follow the link! It’s easy! A couple clicks, the most basic info, and a comment section. Feel free to even copy parts of my feedback if it suits.

My exact comments to Apple:

”I have been using the GameSir G6 Bluetooth controller for almost a year with no issues. Since my latest update I can still connect to the controller via Bluetooth, but it will no longer interact with software rendering it useless.

Without the controller I’m no longer competitive w my fav games, aka I’m no longer playing. My iPhone’s primary use (outside of calling/messaging) is gaming in my free time. This may seem like a minor issue to a non-gamer user, but as you can tell its a huge issue for myself (and I’m sure many other gamers). From what I’ve gathered from other online users who have experienced same/similar issues, is that the issue stems from the way CarPlay interacts with the Bluetooth connectivity in the latest iOS updates. Please help ASAP! or It’s Adios to IOS”

May 7, 2020 1:22 PM in response to Joseph_S.

The problem is the ios13.4 update.

my gamesir g6 pairs perfectly with the phone so it’s not a Bluetooth problem.

then I tried to pair it with a iPhone 8 Plus phone that did not update iOS to 13.4 and everything works perfectly. But when I paired it to my iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 13.4.1, the game controller does not work. Most likely because Apple took away the function of letting Bluetooth mapping of screen. So Apple, you need to fix this issue or let people back track to the previous iOS 13.3.x.

I tried with another controller that uses the same mapping function and it does not work as well.

May 16, 2020 7:19 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph,

As mentioned above, it's been over a month of the 13.4 update, and the new 13.4.1 is now here, but we haven't heard any updates on the Bluetooth touchscreen mapping functionality lost with the new iOS. Gamesir has mentioned that their controllers will not work due to Apple closing the Bluetooth touch screen interface. Same thing happened to any controller using the ShootingPlus V3 app. I, like everyone else using these type of controllers, am waiting for a response on the matter. A response that was promised on the first, and only, reply.

I just don't think it makes sense for any user to have to avoid doing an update on their Apple products because some of their tools won't work again.

We'll be expecting an answer to this.

Thank you.

Gamesir controller no longer working after iOS 13.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.