Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging iphone 11 in auto

how do i charge iPhone in car

Posted on Apr 6, 2020 8:02 PM

10 replies

Apr 6, 2020 8:22 PM in response to pplmike

Yes you can charge your iPhone 11.

Do you have a cigarette lighter port in your car?

If you do, you can buy an adapter for that as well.

Read here:

2 USB-A Charger: https://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/HN812ZM/A/mophie-dual-usb-a-car-charger?fnode=97&fs=f%3Dcharger%26fh%3D458e%252B45d4

1 USB-A/ 1 USB-C: https://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/HN822ZM/A/mophie-dual-usb-c-usb-a-car-charger?fnode=97&fs=f%3Dcharger%26fh%3D458e%252B45d4

Apr 6, 2020 8:27 PM in response to ckuan

so, I would use the older regular USB to lightening cord in the car's USB socket - rather than the new USB-C to lightening cord for the new 18W wall charger? It would be able to charge just slower than the 18w wall charger, correct? I was just worried that it wouldn't supply enough power to charge the new phone

Apr 6, 2020 8:42 PM in response to pplmike

Do you have an iPhone 11 or an iPhone 11 Pro?

iPhone 11 came with lightning to USB-A cable and USB-A charger

iPhone 11 Pro came with lightning to USB-C cable and USB-C charger.

Note: The USB-A and USB-C ports are different.

My previous post has a link to a adapter for USB-A & USB-C cables.

charging iphone 11 in auto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.