Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update

How can I update my software without having to wait for midnight

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:27 AM

Before you update

Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer.

Update your device wirelessly

If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps: 

1. Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
  2. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  3. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS or iPadOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
  4. To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
  5. If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 3:27 AM in response to olufemi35

Before you update

Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer.

Update your device wirelessly

If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps: 

1. Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
  2. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  3. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS or iPadOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
  4. To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
  5. If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.