Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos disappeared

All my photos just disappeared out my iPhone and I really need them back. Also they are not in recently deleted. How do I get all my photos back?

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 7:27 AM

Please check the following

1. Do you have backup (iTunes or iClouds), --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup ...
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 
  2. Did you sync with iCloud earlier and now it is disabled. Then again --> Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...
  3. Have you ever imported your photos to Mac/PC --? Use Photos on your Mac - Apple Support OR Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple ...
  4. Have you ever uploaded them to any Drives (OnDrive, Drive, Flickr, DropBox) - Back up iPhone data with Google Drive - iPhone & iPad ...
  5. There are only three possibilities that I can think of right now...
    1. You have restored from a backup which does not have those Photos you are looking for
    2. You have un-synced your iPhone using iTunes
    3. You may have imported them to Mac/PC into Photos App and have ticked "Delete after Import"

Watch the GIF below

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 7:27 AM in response to julianna423

Please check the following

1. Do you have backup (iTunes or iClouds), --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup ...
    1. iCloud backup doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history, and files you store in iCloud Drive.
    2. *-If you had turned on iCloud Photos, your content is automatically stored in iCloud. 
  2. Did you sync with iCloud earlier and now it is disabled. Then again --> Set up iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...
  3. Have you ever imported your photos to Mac/PC --? Use Photos on your Mac - Apple Support OR Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple ...
  4. Have you ever uploaded them to any Drives (OnDrive, Drive, Flickr, DropBox) - Back up iPhone data with Google Drive - iPhone & iPad ...
  5. There are only three possibilities that I can think of right now...
    1. You have restored from a backup which does not have those Photos you are looking for
    2. You have un-synced your iPhone using iTunes
    3. You may have imported them to Mac/PC into Photos App and have ticked "Delete after Import"

Watch the GIF below

My photos disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.