Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Edit Photo Info

I just received my new MacBook Pro yesterday. I want to edit the info on each of my photos (title, description, add faces, etc.). Once in a while it will kind of let me enter info, but I mostly just here a beep and the cursor skips around to something else. I cannot enter any characters. I do not have any issues searching the internet, so it doesn't seem like a keyboard or track pad issue. I am super frustrated because I've had Macs for decades and this seems like it should be a simple task.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 10:43 AM

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203171

2 replies

Apr 7, 2020 10:32 AM in response to szyp

Your new MacBook Pro is probably running macOS 10.15.4 Catalina, if it is new?

If the cursor is jumping around, you may want to wait a bit, until Photos has finished to index the photos you just imported. While Photos 5.0 has not yet updated the info in its database for new imported photos, it seems to be blocking us from modifying the metadata. It should be better, once Photos is ready.

Also it may help to restart Photos, if it is still acting up after waiting a bit.

Is your Photos Library syncing with iCloud Photos? Or are the photos stored locally?

Can't Edit Photo Info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.