Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open a LaunchExcel.yLaunch document on my Macbook Pro?

Hello,

When I download a file from a specific platform, it downloads as "LaunchExcel.yLaunch." When I try to open this file as an Excel document, it opens with random numbers and letters. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 8:34 PM

Consider the possibility that platform isn't saving that file in a format Excel can recognize. Opening it should be as simple as anything else. It may be compressed, in which case you have to uncompress it first: Compress or uncompress files and folders on Mac.

Review Safari troubleshooting on Mac - Apple Support, including If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac. For example if you installed any Safari plug-ins or Extensions, try removing or disabling them. Read If you need to disable or block a Safari plug-in on Mac. No plug-ins or Extensions are required for normal operation.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2020 8:34 PM in response to halo1123

Consider the possibility that platform isn't saving that file in a format Excel can recognize. Opening it should be as simple as anything else. It may be compressed, in which case you have to uncompress it first: Compress or uncompress files and folders on Mac.

Review Safari troubleshooting on Mac - Apple Support, including If you can’t download an item from the web using Safari on Mac. For example if you installed any Safari plug-ins or Extensions, try removing or disabling them. Read If you need to disable or block a Safari plug-in on Mac. No plug-ins or Extensions are required for normal operation.

How do I open a LaunchExcel.yLaunch document on my Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.