Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone 11 Pro Max

My friends iPhone been stolen and the person that has stolen it has turned the find iPhone off and changed the password for iCloud so he can’t get into it the police have said there’s nothing the can do and he’s only got it a few months ago What can he do or how can he find he’s phone to get it back as he has the box with all the info on there

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 3:10 PM

Well first of all, reset the iCloud/Apple ID password and any associated email addresses linked to the Apple ID.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487

The other thing to do is simply report it stolen and file a claim with the phone insurance if they have it.

3 replies

Apr 7, 2020 3:06 PM in response to Tiffanystacey

Nothing can be done.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Tiffanystacey wrote:

and the person that has stolen it has turned the find iPhone off and changed the password for iCloud

So the thief either knows the original owner and knows his Apple ID password, or the original owner’s password was very easy to guess.

Either way, it’s now too late to recover the iPhone.

Apr 7, 2020 3:16 PM in response to Tiffanystacey

Hi Tiffany,

There appears to be some details missing in your post. Perhaps your friend is not telling you the whole story. The "thief" cannot just turn off Find My. That alleged thief must have the Apple ID password of the owner to make this happen OR guess it accurately. Plus you stated that the police is not helping.

My guess here is that your friend knew the alleged thief in the past and something went wrong with that relationship and the iPhone ended up in the other person's possession.

To make a long analysis short, regardless of what happened, I am not sure if there is anything else that can be done to help your friend.

Axel F.

Stolen iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.