Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.13.0 download

where can i download OS X 10.13.0

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 12:25 AM

Ok so you are wrong.

Follow the instructions. open Safari, click on the link in Ethans post

as you say click on Get macOS High Sierra this will open the App Store

at the High Sierra page.

Can you not see from the screenshot provided that it is available.

And that will download the full installer for High Sierra,

that is all you need.

Forget about the update you downloaded, from the Apple Support Downloads site

that would only install if you were already running an earlier version of High Sierra,

that is the second time I have told you this.

Please connect your mac to your router via cable rather than WiFi.

So just to repeat, open Safari, do not use any other browser,

click on this link,

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra,

this will link wit the App store and open at the High Sierra

download page, it should say 'Get' press that to start downloading

High Sierra.

It does work, it does work, it does work.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 12:25 AM in response to jeannem5074

Ok so you are wrong.

Follow the instructions. open Safari, click on the link in Ethans post

as you say click on Get macOS High Sierra this will open the App Store

at the High Sierra page.

Can you not see from the screenshot provided that it is available.

And that will download the full installer for High Sierra,

that is all you need.

Forget about the update you downloaded, from the Apple Support Downloads site

that would only install if you were already running an earlier version of High Sierra,

that is the second time I have told you this.

Please connect your mac to your router via cable rather than WiFi.

So just to repeat, open Safari, do not use any other browser,

click on this link,

How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Apple Support

Go to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra,

this will link wit the App store and open at the High Sierra

download page, it should say 'Get' press that to start downloading

High Sierra.

It does work, it does work, it does work.

May 20, 2020 4:51 PM in response to jeannem5074

I have just explained to you, you tried to install a High Sierra update, did you not read my post.

Open Safari and click on the link provided by Ethan395

this will take you to the App Store where you can download the full installer for High Sierra.

You have been told that there is no 10.13.0 available for download.

So just follow the link and download High Sierra, this will put the

Install macOS High Sierra.app in your Applications folder,

that is all you need to install High Sierra.

May 20, 2020 4:31 PM in response to jeannem5074

What you were trying to install was an update to High Sierra, in order to install that update you need to

already be running a previous version of High Sierra.

The link given to you will connect you to the App Store where you will be able to download the full installer for

High Sierra, the download is 5.23GBs in size and will install the last/ latest version of High Sierra 10.13.6,

that is all you need, as Ethan395 said 10.13.0 is no longer available.

Please use Safari to click on the link in Ethan395s post.

May 21, 2020 9:46 PM in response to jeannem5074

Wish you had told me you were trying to install macOS High Sierra on two different macs. If you have downloaded it to your laptop and installed it the Install macOS High Sierra.app self deletes after installing, whereas you could have just made a copy prior to installing so that you could move it over to your iMac.

Ok on your iMac you have macOS High Sierra.appdownload, as you can see it is only 415kbs, move it to the Trash and empty the Trash. Restart your mac and go back to the App Store and try the download again, make sure the App Store says 'Get'. And also make sure the iMac is connected to your router via cable and not WiFi.

When the download has completed and you have confirmed it is 5.23GBs in size then please make a copy of it for safe keeping, As I say the one in the Applications folder will self delete after you complete the installation. It is a good idea to keep a copy safe on an external drive should you ever need to reinstall macOS High Sierra (saves having to go through the painful download process or having to access the unreliable Apple Recovery Servers) or want to install it on another mac you have.

It is also possible to make a bootable USB stick with the High Sierra installer on it.

Have the Install macOS High Sierra.app in your Applications folder, and a 16GB USB stick named MyVolume, then follow the instructions here on how to create the bootable USB installer.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support

May 21, 2020 12:13 AM in response to Eau Rouge

I appreciate your trying to help me, but I think we are misunderstanding each other. When I follow Ethan395's link I get to the page "How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra."

I get to section 4: "Download macOS High Sierra." There is a link that takes me to the Apple Store (Get macOS High Sierra).

I click on the link, I log into the Apple Store and I get the message "Item Not Available: The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

I can't install the upgrade (10.13.6) without the original High Sierra, but the upgrade is all that's available. So I believe I've reached a dead end. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

May 21, 2020 4:52 PM in response to Eau Rouge

You're right. It does work! Thank you for persevering with me. I downloaded High Sierra, clicked "Open," and when the window opened ("To set up the installation of MacOS High Sierra, click Continue"), I clicked "Continue." Shortly thereafter I got the message "An error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." So I went back to the App Store on Safari and tried opening it again - with the same result. All my applications were closed, I was using an ethernet cable to connect to my router. I suspect this is not something you can help me with - it must be a problem with my computer. However, if you have any ideas, I'd welcome them. Thanks.

May 21, 2020 4:58 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for the suggestion. I've downloaded Brave on a different computer (a Mac Airbook) and am now downloading High Sierra on that computer. I won't be able to try the installation until later tonight because I have virtual meetings all evening. I will let you know if it works on that computer, since I haven't been able to install it on this one (a mid-2011 iMac). I appreciate your help.

May 21, 2020 9:12 PM in response to Eau Rouge

My laptop is now running 10.13.6! Yay! Thanks so much.

On my iMac there is a file in the Applications folder labeled "macOS High Sierra.appdownload". It's 415 KB. There's no "Install macOS High Sierra.app" file, though the download took 98 minutes. A search on my computer for the "Install" app brings up nothing. There is an icon in my dock labeled "Install MacOS High Sierra", but I can't find the app anywhere where I can see its size or delete it.

The App store did say "Get" and after 98 minutes it said "Open" and that put the install icon in my dock. Does it make sense to restart my computer and try downloading it again without putting the one that already exists (somewhere!) in the trash?

My iMac is currently running OS 10.12.6 Sierra.

May 22, 2020 12:46 AM in response to Eau Rouge

I deleted macOS High Sierra.appdownload from my iMac and emptied the Trash.

I restarted my iMac.

I pasted the URL BDAqua provided into Safari.

It took me back to the App Store, but instead of saying "Get" it now says "Open," which is where it left off previously.

I downloaded the Brave browser, as BDAqua suggested, opened it, and tried the link on it. (This is how I got it onto my laptop.)

Same result - it takes me back to the App Store, but doesn't allow me to download High Sierra. It just picks up where it left off on my last try, as though I'd already downloaded it, which I did.

Is there any hope for a clean start?

May 22, 2020 1:48 AM in response to jeannem5074

Ok so open your Applications folder and check again for anything that could be related to the High Sierra installer,

for instance Install macOS High Sierra.app or anything High Sierra related. If you find anything move it to the Trash,

empty the Trash. do you have the Install macOS High Sierra.app icon in your Dock.

Another thing to try is opening Launchpad, it should be the rocket icon in your Dock and in your Applications folder,

if you see Install macOS High Sierra.app appearing there, click and hold on it till it wiggles, then click on the small 'x'that appears.

One more thing is to look inside your /Library/Updates folder, to find this folder click on Finder in the Dock,

click on View in the menubar and select Go To Folder, enter this text,

/Library/Updates

press Go.

A Finder window will open with the folder Updates highlighted, have a look inside for any folder that is titled using numbers in a string of 3 numbers then a string of 5 numbers or something similar. If you find a folder named like that, check the date that it was downloaded corresponds with yesterdays date then move it to the Trash, empty the Trash.

If you have found any of those or one and you have moved it to the Trash and emptied the Trash, restart your

mac, open Safari go back to the App Store High Sierra page and see if it now says 'Get'.

OS X 10.13.0 download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.