Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync

Is there a way to sync my phone to my computer without plugging it in to the USB? My USB outlets are broken and do not work.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:14 PM

Yes... but first you would have needed to select that particular preference with it connected via USB.

Refer to this excerpt from Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi:

"To set up Wi-Fi syncing, first connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. You then turn on Wi-Fi syncing and choose the settings you want."

Try to get those USB ports to work with an SMC Reset: How to reset the SMC of your Mac. Try a different port. Try different cables.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 7:14 PM in response to perri208

Yes... but first you would have needed to select that particular preference with it connected via USB.

Refer to this excerpt from Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi:

"To set up Wi-Fi syncing, first connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. You then turn on Wi-Fi syncing and choose the settings you want."

Try to get those USB ports to work with an SMC Reset: How to reset the SMC of your Mac. Try a different port. Try different cables.

Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.