Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free Apple TV subscription for a year

I purchased an iPad in nov-dec 2019 because I thought I’d get a free year of Apple TV+ for free. Truth or fake news?

Apple trying to charge me recurring fee each month. Don’t get it especially because there’s no unsub option for my Apple TV+ or hbo. My credit card is expired probably the reason for no unsub. I’m afraid to add a new card and have my life savings dissipate before my eye.

Thanks for help.

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 1:06 AM

I thought I’d get a free year of Apple TV+ for free.

The offer is real. Users that want this, have to redeem the offer and sign up for the service. You would know this if you clicked “Enjoy 1 Year Free” in the TV app on your new device. If you accepted a 7 day trial period recently, then that is what you will get.

Users have to accept the offer within 3 months. Nov-dec 2019 activation would not qualify anymore in April 2020.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Apple trying to charge me recurring fee each month.

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

There is an overview of your subscriptions, with cancelation options for the ones that you do not wish to continue.

If you receive messages for recurring fees that do not match the listed subscriptions, then something else is going on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 1:06 AM in response to Leonard_lion_arredondo

I thought I’d get a free year of Apple TV+ for free.

The offer is real. Users that want this, have to redeem the offer and sign up for the service. You would know this if you clicked “Enjoy 1 Year Free” in the TV app on your new device. If you accepted a 7 day trial period recently, then that is what you will get.

Users have to accept the offer within 3 months. Nov-dec 2019 activation would not qualify anymore in April 2020.

Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Apple trying to charge me recurring fee each month.

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

There is an overview of your subscriptions, with cancelation options for the ones that you do not wish to continue.

If you receive messages for recurring fees that do not match the listed subscriptions, then something else is going on.

Free Apple TV subscription for a year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.