Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

water damage photo recovery

hi so i have an iPhone x, i dropped it accidentally in the sink and the lci indicated water damage all i care about is my photos. it plugged into my laptop and i can access it on iTunes but it is trying to make me update or restore. if i update will it break everything ?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 7, 2020 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 12:14 AM

awilkerson12 Said:

water damage photo recovery: hi so i have an iPhone x, i dropped it accidentally in the sink and the lci indicated water damage all i care about is my photos. it plugged into my laptop and i can access it on iTunes but it is trying to make me update or restore. if i update will it break everything ?

———-

Please Clarify:

What exactly is this update that you are being prompting to install? Is it for your Mac? Or is it for iTunes? Or is it for the iPhone?

As for Recovering These:

If this iPhone has Photos set to be synchronized with iCloud, then I would expect that all should remain intact on iCloud. So, nothing would be lost, by your wording.

Just download these from another device you have synced with iCloud. Enable Photos on the other device, and they would download fine, on their own(via iCloud synchronization)

But, if it is not set to have Photos sync with iCloud, then none of those would be accessible from any other device.

To Enable this Syncing, Go here:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 12:14 AM in response to awilkerson12

awilkerson12 Said:

water damage photo recovery: hi so i have an iPhone x, i dropped it accidentally in the sink and the lci indicated water damage all i care about is my photos. it plugged into my laptop and i can access it on iTunes but it is trying to make me update or restore. if i update will it break everything ?

———-

Please Clarify:

What exactly is this update that you are being prompting to install? Is it for your Mac? Or is it for iTunes? Or is it for the iPhone?

As for Recovering These:

If this iPhone has Photos set to be synchronized with iCloud, then I would expect that all should remain intact on iCloud. So, nothing would be lost, by your wording.

Just download these from another device you have synced with iCloud. Enable Photos on the other device, and they would download fine, on their own(via iCloud synchronization)

But, if it is not set to have Photos sync with iCloud, then none of those would be accessible from any other device.

To Enable this Syncing, Go here:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

water damage photo recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.