Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Macintosh HD drive

I've Deleted Macintosh HD drive and I don’t know What to do?

I have a hard drive, which contains files of the time machine with Macintosh hd drive on it but it wouldn’t let me use that...

here’s where I am ..

hope you can help ?

thanks

jamie

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 6:07 PM

Boot into Recovery Mode and erase the physical drive identified in your screenshot as "Apple SSD...". Depending on the version of macOS you will be using you need to erase the drive as:

For macOS Mojave or Catalina:

GUID partition and APFS (top option)

For macOS High Sierra or earlier:

GUID partition and MacOS Extended (Journaled)

After you erase the drive you can restore from your TM backup. The problem is your boot drive is either encrypted or it has a file system issue since the volume is identified as "disk0s2".

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 6:07 PM in response to Jamierhyswilliams

Boot into Recovery Mode and erase the physical drive identified in your screenshot as "Apple SSD...". Depending on the version of macOS you will be using you need to erase the drive as:

For macOS Mojave or Catalina:

GUID partition and APFS (top option)

For macOS High Sierra or earlier:

GUID partition and MacOS Extended (Journaled)

After you erase the drive you can restore from your TM backup. The problem is your boot drive is either encrypted or it has a file system issue since the volume is identified as "disk0s2".

Deleted Macintosh HD drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.