Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.icloud.spnfcurl

Noticed on iOS 13.4 “com.apple.icloud.spnfcurl” is now listed on my iPhone XR iCloud backup and turned on Can anyone explain this? Was not there on previous iOS. Just updated to 13.4.1 and it is still there.

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 2:32 AM

7 replies

May 4, 2020 1:01 PM in response to Mart1119

I have a strong feeling it’s my lady and her spyware . She used it on our daughters phone and what it does is pulls the backup and then without the kid knowing she can look through all her stuff remotely . If you have no one who would want access to your phone then I’m probably wrong , but who know seems like no one does , not even apple 🤦🏻‍♂️

May 5, 2020 6:23 AM in response to Mormaracer

Hello! Today I got in touch with apple support agent and explained the same problem. She recommended me to do hard reset and check problem again. But when I checked problem before I did hard reset, I didn’t see com.apple.icloud.spnfcurl. Why?

May 21, 2020 9:31 AM in response to Mormaracer

I don’t think you’re girl is spying on you. Geesh! I have the same exact thing on my phone in the same exact spot as you described on the same exact kind of phone. I’m willing to bet it’s some minor detail to some Apple complication or another. Like always..ya know..they don’t like to tell us about any of the info gathering stuff they like to do unless it’s in the 247th paragraph on the small printed pages we have to agree too in order to use whatever product or service we are trying too acquire. Who has the time to sit there and go over every miserable word!? It’s completely unfair in the aspect that all the companies who take advantage of this “loop hole” (for lack of a better word) know very well that all their customers don’t have time and patience to sit there and read what amounts to a book, every time they want a new app or to change a setting of some sort on their phone or be able to reply to a post (🤨) ect. It’s not just Apple who does it. Everyone does. There should be a brief synopsis of “the fine print” in every circumstance if you ask me. With the more important factors being brought to the attention of the consumer. How can you be expected to sit there and read a plethora of pages (even though it might have some important stuff in it) and still have time to do things like work and eat and sleep or just live your life?! I mean honestly if we all had to sit there and read the fine print of everything we’ve ever clicked or signed, that’s exactly what all of us would be doing forever. I might be wrong and maybe it’s something important but I can tell you with 110% certainty that my phone has no spyware on it from my husband or otherwise and this showed up in my back ups section too. I’m sure in very tiny print somewhere that we all had to click “agree“ before we could continue setting up our new very expensive phone, or some circumstance like that, explains what the whole “com.apple.icloud.spnfcurl” thing is exactly. Until then though, I would just ignore it and leave it the way it is until you get an answer from Apple. Since it seems you posted this question weeks ago, and since someone from Apple actually contacted you and commented directly, I feel like you should definitely have a solution to your inquiry by now. Strange. I usually have good luck with Apple customer support. I’m curious about this also which is how I ended up here on this thread in the first place. Hopefully we get an answer!

com.apple.icloud.spnfcurl

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.