Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wrong apple id

I had to get a new phone because my last one wont turn on. So I get the new phone and set it up but I used the wrong apple id. (I have 2)

Is the only way to change it on the phone to reset the whole thing and start all over again?

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:54 AM

Use the Support article below to reset the new phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Then set the phone up using the desired ID. If you have a backup of the old phone, you can restore it. When you sign into Settings/Your Name/iCloud and turn syncing on, you should get your iCloud data back.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 7:54 AM in response to baosborne

Use the Support article below to reset the new phone.

Selling/Giving Away Device.      

Then set the phone up using the desired ID. If you have a backup of the old phone, you can restore it. When you sign into Settings/Your Name/iCloud and turn syncing on, you should get your iCloud data back.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

Apr 8, 2020 5:47 AM in response to baosborne

Use the other Apple ID. If you forgot it, then see:  If you forgot your Apple ID  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201354.

You say: "Is the only way to change it on the phone to reset the whole thing and start all over again?" That won't work if you don't have an Apple ID that works. Don't try because if you do so you'll end up with your phone in activation lock. In this regard, did you or someone else  erase your device without signing out of iCloud first? 

wrong apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.