Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make macOS bootable USB using pc to install in my MacBook

I own a Macbook Alumanium late 2008 ,3 inch, i have deleted macos now i am not able to install macos, by using recovery reinstall it takes too long. i have not any other macbook please guide me how to make macos bootable USB using pc to install in my macbook.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:56 AM

You’ll need access to a better (faster) network connection here, or access to another Mac to build a bootable installer. These downloads are big, and can take hours on a slower link, or longer.

A Microsoft Windows system will not be helpful for building a recovery installer.

You’re also on a Mac that’s old enough that the underlying problem here may be a failing hard disk drive, or similar hardware issue.

Hardware Test can potentially show a failing hard disk drive, or other hardware issue.

As a workaround pending repair or replacement, installing macOS onto or restoring your backup onto an external scratch storage device and booting that can be workable. Do you have backups, amd do you have a scratch external storage device?

Failing hard disk drives show as lowered performance, beachballs (system wait cursor), and hangs, and app and system crashes and corruptions.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 7:56 AM in response to zohaibahmed1

You’ll need access to a better (faster) network connection here, or access to another Mac to build a bootable installer. These downloads are big, and can take hours on a slower link, or longer.

A Microsoft Windows system will not be helpful for building a recovery installer.

You’re also on a Mac that’s old enough that the underlying problem here may be a failing hard disk drive, or similar hardware issue.

Hardware Test can potentially show a failing hard disk drive, or other hardware issue.

As a workaround pending repair or replacement, installing macOS onto or restoring your backup onto an external scratch storage device and booting that can be workable. Do you have backups, amd do you have a scratch external storage device?

Failing hard disk drives show as lowered performance, beachballs (system wait cursor), and hangs, and app and system crashes and corruptions.

How to make macOS bootable USB using pc to install in my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.