Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I merge two music libraries together in Music running Catalina.

MacBook Pro 13”, 10.15

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 12:44 PM

Hello rwvjr,

I understand you would like to know how to merge music between two iTunes libraries. I'm happy to help you out with this.

To move the music from one library to another you will need to locate the library file in Finder first. You can do that by going to Music > Preferences > Files as seen here: Change where your music files are stored on Mac. Unless you moved your iTunes library to a new location at some point, it should be in the same location as your Music library except it will be under the folder that says "iTunes". You can either drag the iTunes library file from Finder into the Music window, or you can import it using the steps here: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 12:44 PM in response to rwvjr

Hello rwvjr,

I understand you would like to know how to merge music between two iTunes libraries. I'm happy to help you out with this.

To move the music from one library to another you will need to locate the library file in Finder first. You can do that by going to Music > Preferences > Files as seen here: Change where your music files are stored on Mac. Unless you moved your iTunes library to a new location at some point, it should be in the same location as your Music library except it will be under the folder that says "iTunes". You can either drag the iTunes library file from Finder into the Music window, or you can import it using the steps here: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.