Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV will not let me sign in and indicates an incorrect password.

I have an Apple TV model 199C/A and have tried the recommended solution using the verification code in my password but I still get the message Incorrect password. I am using the correct password.

Any suggestions on how to to resolve this would be appreciated.

thanks

Linda

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 4:23 PM

Apple TV model 199C/A

That would be an Apple TV (3rd generation).

I have tried the recommended solution using the verification code in my password

Do not use spaces or other separating character. Append the code directly to the password, like “password123456”.

There is a time limit before the code expires, so it is best to request a new code after entering the characters of your password, to use those precious seconds effectively for just the code.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2020 4:23 PM in response to Lindadee53

Apple TV model 199C/A

That would be an Apple TV (3rd generation).

I have tried the recommended solution using the verification code in my password

Do not use spaces or other separating character. Append the code directly to the password, like “password123456”.

There is a time limit before the code expires, so it is best to request a new code after entering the characters of your password, to use those precious seconds effectively for just the code.

My Apple TV will not let me sign in and indicates an incorrect password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.