Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

black screen

my mac went to sleep then wouldn’t wake up when i touched the power button or keypad, i thought i overheated it so i left it alone, the next day i tried to turn it and it would sound up but stay in a black blueish screen and sometimes produce static sounds i tried a bunch reset methods already posted but none will work

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 7:50 PM

2 replies

May 11, 2020 3:26 PM in response to djs-517

I did research on this topic, black screen and this is what I found. Turn on your computer and your monitor and wait for them to boot up fully. Then get the brightest flashlight you own and point it at the monitor on a steep angle (so the glare doesn't hit you directly). If you can see an image (such as your desktop). then the LCD display still works; it's the backlight which is broken, so take your computer to Apple Genius Bar and make a appointment to fix your computer black screen problem and replace the backlight which is broken.

black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.