Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share function does not work

My iPhone is on iOS 13. Since about 2 weeks ago the share button stopped working, regardless of which app I try to share from. I get a pop up that shows the site I want to share, but there are NO sharing options, no air-drop, no apps, no nothing. In addition, the iPhone gets slower and starts lagging until I kill the app in question. I updated to iOS 13.4.1 today and the issue remained.

Anybody have something similar or ideas as to what might be happening?

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 10:10 PM

I found this a few spots down. Im going to try it and I’ll let you know. I do have WhatsApp and use it for work *** well and now that I think about it, yesterday was the first full fledged day I used it consistently. So this could be the issue.

5 replies

Apr 11, 2020 10:44 PM in response to rain_cloud

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure where this reply will go, but I think I found the solution.

The problem occurs if you have a conversation in WhatsApp that has no contact information.

In order to solve the issue, go into all of your WhatsApp conversations and assign contact information of some kind to anyone who is not in your list of contacts. It can be a first name, last name or whatever, just not blank. Kill all apps then try to share something again. Should solve your problem.

Apr 11, 2020 10:04 PM in response to rain_cloud

Im having the same problem but only it just started last night. So this morning, I did the update and it still was missing the share options. Half way thru the day, I took a screenshot of a work email and sent it to a peer and it worked. Fast forward, about 10 hours at the office and come home and it’s gone again. I did notice that if you leave it open, after a while everything pops up. I don’t know what’s causing this.

Share function does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.