Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscription cancelled, but still charged

I accidentally “subscribed” to an app that was $29.95. I immediately realized it was an error and went in and cancelled the subscription. Today Apple took $33.05 from my checking account!! Furious. Tried to go in and “cancel” or “unsubscribe” again. And it only gives me options to pay more! Come on! Times are tough right. I can’t afford to give Apple $33! How do I fix it!

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 8, 2020 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 10:57 AM

Kkkatydid wrote:

I accidentally “subscribed” to an app that was $29.95. I immediately realized it was an error and went in and cancelled the subscription.

Stopping the auto-renewal of a subscription only stops the auto-renewal, it does not cancel what you've already purchased nor result in any refund.

And it only gives me options to pay more!

The screen is for managing subscriptions i.e. resubscribing, stopping auto-renewal, changing a subscription, it's not a 'request refund' screen.

How do I fix it!

If you mean how to contact iTunes Support and ask for a refund (purchases are obviously considered final as you know) : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww (click on your country's flag, the country where you live, and which is therefore the country on the account ; click on Get Support down the page)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 10:57 AM in response to Kkkatydid

Kkkatydid wrote:

I accidentally “subscribed” to an app that was $29.95. I immediately realized it was an error and went in and cancelled the subscription.

Stopping the auto-renewal of a subscription only stops the auto-renewal, it does not cancel what you've already purchased nor result in any refund.

And it only gives me options to pay more!

The screen is for managing subscriptions i.e. resubscribing, stopping auto-renewal, changing a subscription, it's not a 'request refund' screen.

How do I fix it!

If you mean how to contact iTunes Support and ask for a refund (purchases are obviously considered final as you know) : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww (click on your country's flag, the country where you live, and which is therefore the country on the account ; click on Get Support down the page)

Subscription cancelled, but still charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.