Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Notification

Just received a "System Notification", while browsing Safari, from apple-warning.com, which stated "Please Read Important Notification Regarding Your iOS Device". The Notification warned that 3 Viruses has been detected on your iPhone and battery has been infected and damaged. It further asked that if you don't remove this Malware now, it may cause more damage and that how to fix this. There was an option of Download and Install and time was shown as ticking down. Beneath was written Detected by Apple. When I clicked on Download and Install, I found an app of Ad-blocking for protection from advertisement but I didn't install it.

I want to know whether the Notification was really from official Apple Inc? Anyone having experienced it please...

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 7:48 AM

It is a scam. There is nothing that can infect an iPhone unless it has been jailbroken. It is an attempt to get information about your account. Just delete it, and never click on unknown links. Close Safari and go to Settings>Safari> and clear Website History and Cookies. Restart your device and you are okay.

3 replies

System Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.