Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANT DO DARK MODE ON VERSION 10.12.6 W/MACOSSEIRREA

Why cant I do dark mode on my Mac Mini with this kind and this version 10.12.6 the kind under macOS Sierra? I am not sure if I need to update.

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 10:58 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2020 11:40 AM in response to TeleHerbie

Dark Mode is available in macOS Mojave or later, so you will need to upgrade. Presently, the current version of macOS is Catalina. How to upgrade to macOS Catalina.

Before You Upgrade macOS

1. Fix any problems before upgrading.
  2. Run First Aid in Disk Utility while booted from your Recovery HD.
  3. Backup. Make a bootable clone using CarbonCopy Cloner or use TimeMachine.
  4. Be sure your startup disk has 18-20GB of free space during the installation.
  5. Upgrade third-party software for compatibility. See App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps. If you have mission critical software, then DO NOT upgrade until you know that software is compatible with the version of macOS you are about to install.
  6. Disconnect all third-party peripherals.
  7. Download the installer which will be in the Applications folder. Quit the installer after it opens, then make a copy of the installer and save it in the Downloads folder. The one in the Applications folder will be deleted after a successful installation.
  8. The download is large, anywhere between 5 and 9GBs. It takes time to complete. Be patient.
  9. Double-click on the installer in the Applications folder. Click on the start button to begin the installation.

CANT DO DARK MODE ON VERSION 10.12.6 W/MACOSSEIRREA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.