Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is it possible that a dating app suddenly downloaded to my phone?

How is it possible that a dating app suddenly downloaded to my phone overnight with no one touching my phone....?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 11

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 12:27 PM

DiamondDave-9 Said:

Hacking?: How is it possible that a dating app suddenly downloaded to my phone overnight with no one touching my phone....?

———-

Maybe it’s an Add-On to an App?:

View your application purchases in the App Store, and see if this purchase resides in there. If not, it’s a Third Party app that you probably (unknowingly) downloaded.

1. Go To: App Store
  2. Tap: Apps icon (Bottom)
  3. Tap: Apple ID logo (Top-Right Corner)
  4. Tap: Purchased (First Option-Down)
  5. Review: the Listed Items

Is it shown?

—-

Important - Secure Your Account:

With Apple Account Security being of high concern here, most certainly consider performing the following:

• modifying: your login credentials (Using Both a New eMail and a New Password)

• associating: a different method of payment to your account

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 12:27 PM in response to DiamondDave-9

DiamondDave-9 Said:

Hacking?: How is it possible that a dating app suddenly downloaded to my phone overnight with no one touching my phone....?

———-

Maybe it’s an Add-On to an App?:

View your application purchases in the App Store, and see if this purchase resides in there. If not, it’s a Third Party app that you probably (unknowingly) downloaded.

1. Go To: App Store
  2. Tap: Apps icon (Bottom)
  3. Tap: Apple ID logo (Top-Right Corner)
  4. Tap: Purchased (First Option-Down)
  5. Review: the Listed Items

Is it shown?

—-

Important - Secure Your Account:

With Apple Account Security being of high concern here, most certainly consider performing the following:

Apr 9, 2020 12:46 PM in response to DiamondDave-9

DiamondDave-9 Said:

Hacking?: Yes it is

———-

Thank you for the update.

What is the Date of Purchase that is shown? Is it recognizable?

I’d say if you don’t recall doing this, then, perhaps someone got into your account. Either by logging in on their own device, or by using one of your own devices.

Confirm Your Associated Devices:

1. Go To: appleid.apple.com
  2. Log In: Using your credentials
  3. View: the Devices shown

Is something unrecognizable?

—-

As I mentioned in my previous reply:

Secure Your Account:

—-

Safekeeping Your Credentials:

Keep a handwritten, hardcopy of your Credentials(User Names and Passwords). Store this in a location that only you are knowledgeable of, and only you have access to. Do not share this information with anyone, whomsoever. Moreover... Do not keep an electronic copy if it on your computer.

Apr 9, 2020 12:23 PM in response to DiamondDave-9

Do you share an Apple ID with anyone?

Do you have any other Apple devices?

Does anyone else have access to them?

If you answered yes to any of the above, check Settings>iTunes & App Stores to see if Automatic Downloads is enabled for apps. If it is, you or someone using one of your devices or sharing your Apple ID downloaded the app and it was automatically downloaded to your phone.

How is it possible that a dating app suddenly downloaded to my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.