Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave OS download

I have a iMac 27 inch late 2015 that I have been running El Capitan 10.11.2. I need to update my OS to Mojave, the highest OS I think I can migrate to, but I can't find the OS to download. Apple Support Downloads only shows update to Mojave, not the original OS package. Help please!

iMac 27", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 1:12 PM

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

You could upgrade to Catalina which is the most current OS, but you need to determine if you have any 32-bit apps that you depend upon. If so, you'd want Mojave instead of Catalina.

You can also look for 32-bit apps in System Information. Hold down Option key and select System Information from the Apple menu.

Select Applications in the Software section.

At the far right, click on the 64-bit Intel column header to sort by that, then look for the No's

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2020 1:12 PM in response to vanmetre

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

You could upgrade to Catalina which is the most current OS, but you need to determine if you have any 32-bit apps that you depend upon. If so, you'd want Mojave instead of Catalina.

You can also look for 32-bit apps in System Information. Hold down Option key and select System Information from the Apple menu.

Select Applications in the Software section.

At the far right, click on the 64-bit Intel column header to sort by that, then look for the No's

Mojave OS download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.