Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 3 iOS 9.3.5 is really slow

I can't use Safari, I can't use skype. I can't use anything without waiting 5 minutes for every website I go to. How can I make it go faster? Can ios 9.3.5 be upgraded or downgraded to make it go faster?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 9, 2020 5:25 PM

5 replies

Apr 9, 2020 8:42 PM in response to Community User

Tap on the link below to my iDevice/iOS performance/optimisation user tips link.

Slow iPad on iOS 9, 10 or 11! - Apple Community

Try all of these tips and leave each tip active together.

DO NOT simply try every tip individually, expecting just one tip to be a performance “cure all”.

Many of these tips are designed to work together to help improve overall iOS/iDevice performance on older iPads.

Good Luck!

Apr 9, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Community User

You can't go past iOS 9.3.5, nor can you go backwards. You need to determine what is causing things to go slower. If you haven't rebooted your iPad since you updated, you should do that at a minimum.

Press both the Power and Home buttons at the SAME time (keep holding past swipe to power off) until you see the Apple Logo, then let go and your iPad will reboot.

See if things improve.

Another thing to check which can cause an iPad to be slow is how much memory is available on your iPad. Go to Settings > General > iPad Storage and see how much space you have.

Apr 9, 2020 5:45 PM in response to Community User

Your iPad 3rd generation is more than 8 years old.

That iPad cannot update past iOS 9.3.5, it has an old 32-Bit processor with only 1 GB RAM.

The new iPadOS runs only on 64-Bit processor with at least 2 GB RAM.

Make sure your iPad has at least 4 GB of free space, otherwise it will be very slow.

What you can do is make a backup using computer iTunes and then restore from that backup.

Apr 9, 2020 9:25 PM in response to MichelPM

TOR private browser

TOR + VPN private browser

Turbo VPN private browser

Have all been busted for selling the browsing habits of users.

Ipad 3 iOS 9.3.5 is really slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.