Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware access to iphone camera

Got an email mentioning one of typical password I use. Stating that he accessed my camera and contacts using malware. Can this happen?

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 12:52 AM

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

It could be Phishing

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 12:52 AM in response to eyad224

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

It could be Phishing

Apr 23, 2020 10:55 AM in response to Quinny88

I had something similar. I was supposed to send bitcoin to somewhere or they were going to share video with all my contacts. I didn't send anything. no reply. no bitcoin. as far as I know, no contacts got any video (or they're all too polite to tell me).

I thought that was sort of the end of it. But once last night, and then again this morning, when I wasn't talking on my phone with anyone, but was browsing on my phone, i thought that someone said just a short sentence to me. it wasn't very loud. Is this even possible? Now I've been going through my emails and have once from yahoo that says a sign in attempt was made: This sign in attempt was made on Device: chrome, windows nt when: April 23, 2020 5:32:41 AM PDT Where: Vietnam 113.190.32.131. At that same time, I was getting messages on my phone requesting the password for this particular yahoo account. I got that request maybe 6 times in one minute.

Apr 24, 2020 12:00 AM in response to eyad224

I had a similar situation, I clicked on a website that I thought it was trustworthy and instead it lead me to a page that had a note saying that this was a virus and I had been infected. I closed safari straight away and erased all of my website information. I didnt provide any personal information or purposefully download anything. Can I be assured that there isn't anything suspicious on my phone? Thanks!!!

Malware access to iphone camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.