Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 plus mute problem

i can not unmute my phone i can hear when i call someone but they can't hear me,

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 9:41 AM

That is not necessarily a mute problem. The only place to mute the microphone for a phone call is on the phone screen. The icon is in the upper left of the group. If that is no one when you are calling someone, then you need to check the operation of the microphone. See this for troubleshooting microphone issues, If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2020 9:41 AM in response to kimfromlorton

That is not necessarily a mute problem. The only place to mute the microphone for a phone call is on the phone screen. The icon is in the upper left of the group. If that is no one when you are calling someone, then you need to check the operation of the microphone. See this for troubleshooting microphone issues, If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

iPhone 8 plus mute problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.