Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error while using an iPad as a second screen -

Dear Apple Community,

I'm trying to connect my MacBook Air (2018) (macOS Catalina version 10.15) with an iPad (2018) (iPadOS 13.), as I'm increased with my workload during lockdown so, I'm in great need of dual screens. I try to connect in an either way by using bluetooth also and by using usb cable as well. Unfortunately, I failed.

Looks like, 'Quotes are Cringes'.

Please, if anyone of you have an idea, help me!

I hope you guys will understand this.

Thank You!

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2020 10:34 AM

I believe you need to be using your home Wifi network and not Bluetooth, at all!

Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar - Apple Support

Best of Luck to You!

8 replies

Apr 10, 2020 10:44 AM in response to AshishsMindViewsGenuine

To add to what MichelPM has provided, I can say that it works quite well with my iPad Pro 11, and my MacBook Air 2019. It has really improved my usage of Zoom, since I can put the Zoom controls on my iPad and the work I wish to share with my students on the MacBook Air and share that screen, while also using the camera and mic. I can put the AirPlay icon in the Menu Bar and connect the iPad quickly. It uses my home wi-fi, not Bluetooth.

Apr 10, 2020 1:53 PM in response to AshishsMindViewsGenuine

Are you using a VPN client to access the internal network of an affiliated organization? If so, try what you want here again but with the VPN client disconnected. See if what you want then works. This as some VPN clients will block local network access, as part of a VPN security policy configured by the folks managing the VPN client. Cisco AnyConnect has been reported to block Sidecar, for instance, amd I’d suspect other VPN clients could be similarly configured.

Error while using an iPad as a second screen -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.