Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to upload from Photos to iCloud.

I've just started to sync Photos with iCloud on a Mac running Catalina. Thousands of my photos are unable to upload. They are all jpgs that originally had RAW files attached, but the RAWs were deleted. They have the J in the corner and won't upload.

I've already rebuilt the Photos library to no avail.

I've tried exporting and re-importing the photos. The export gives an error that the RAW file wasn't found, but exports the jpg fine. On re-import it still shows as needing the RAW file!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 8:33 PM

Just how did you go about separating the JPG and RAW files? The only safe way I know is to export both, delete both, and re-import the JPG. That method should no leave any memory that the RAW ever existed.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 12, 2020 7:58 PM in response to SailingPhil

Hello SailingPhil,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, and it appears some photos aren't uploading to iCloud in the original format. I'll do what I can to help.

This might be expected if you chose to Optimize Mac Storage. Check the options mentioned here to be sure that is the case: How the Photos app and iCloud Photos handle RAW images

Check the iCloud website from Safari to verify the original RAW photos are appearing there: iCloud

Best regards.

Unable to upload from Photos to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.