Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini (Mojave) thinks it restarted because of a problem, but was shutdown normally

I have a strange situation with my mom's Mac Mini. When she boots the system, it often says that the system restarted because of an error -- even when it was shutdown normally (e.g. Apple menu -> Shutdown)

This seems to have started around 3 weeks ago and become more frequent of late. There are no apps that show as needing updates, though I did have her update Zoom today knowing that it doesn't automatically update.

I have attached two panic reports. They look fairly identical to my semi-trained eye.

Any advice as to what could cause this? Again, I'll emphasize that the system is NOT crashing or restarting...but it seems to think that it is.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Apr 11, 2020 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Apr 12, 2020 11:40 AM in response to DelegatorNH

Sounds like the sleep-related crash that started after a recent firmware update with "Security Update 2020-002 Mojave" or "Catalina 10.5.4 update".

My Mac mini crashes in sleep if I have used Safari. Also if I have used Safari and shutdown and then do a cold boot, there is that crash report. Some people experience the crashes even without Safari.

I have switched to Chrome until this is fixed.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251226783

Mac mini (Mojave) thinks it restarted because of a problem, but was shutdown normally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.