Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrading from Catalina to mojave

So I tried to downgrade from Catalina to Mojave and have no where left to go. I used the time machine to try to restore 1.14, but every time I finish the download it says there’s an error. First aid doesn’t work either and I can’t reinstall Mojave’s because there’s still a disk with stuff in it there. Can someone please help me at least make my Mac normal again?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 4:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 4:30 PM

There’s no downgrade. Wipe the disk, download and install Mojave, restore your user file backups from when you upgraded. And yes, this is definitely a project, if there’s no available copy of Mojave to boot from, and no pre-upgrade backup. The longer path here with no available Mojave installer, boot Recovery to the oldest macOS release, then upgrade to Mojave, then restore your files and docs from prior to Catalina. Restoring files and apps and settings that have been modified by Catalina will usually cause problems when Mojave then encounters those.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 4:30 PM in response to What_Have_I_Done

There’s no downgrade. Wipe the disk, download and install Mojave, restore your user file backups from when you upgraded. And yes, this is definitely a project, if there’s no available copy of Mojave to boot from, and no pre-upgrade backup. The longer path here with no available Mojave installer, boot Recovery to the oldest macOS release, then upgrade to Mojave, then restore your files and docs from prior to Catalina. Restoring files and apps and settings that have been modified by Catalina will usually cause problems when Mojave then encounters those.

Downgrading from Catalina to mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.