Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari — Extensions Preferences

I have several third party extensions installed in mt Safari and Safari Technology Preview apps.

They are are listed OK in the Extensions window in Preferences but I cannot tick them off in the checkbox beside each one — it will not accept any input.

Any ideas on what is happening here?

thanks

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 5:25 PM

If you boot into the Safe Mode, can you select them?

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 5:25 PM in response to ntb

If you boot into the Safe Mode, can you select them?

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Apr 12, 2020 6:45 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply — very helpful! After I rebooted in Safe Mode I was able to check the offending boxes in the pref pane. That's a good sign I hope!

Thanks again for your advice — much appreciated.

Here's the EtreCheck Pro report... (oops, it exceeded he 5 000 character limit — so I tried the PasteBin trick you mentioned. So here's the link to that — https://pastebin.com/gCfvnhrE

What do you make of it?

Apr 12, 2020 7:27 PM in response to ntb

You are welcome. You have so much 3rd party software installed it is impossible to figure out what might be causing the problem.

I'd start by uninstalling AdGuard, One Periodic, Bartender/Cocktail, and CleanMyMac using the Developer's uninstall instructions.

Then try running Etrecheck again when booted normally in your normal user account.

Safari — Extensions Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.