Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable the Camera only on Lock Screen

I've been trying to work out how to disable the camera only on the lock screen, so that someone cannot pick up my phone and take a bunch of photos, and the only way to take photos is to be logged in.

From searching around it appears the only way to do this is to disable the camera completely, via Screen Time.

Am I missing something? I understand that disabling via Screen Time should be a thing, but I don't want my camera completely disabled, I only want me to be able to use it!

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 6:47 PM

Hi Scooby,

As you have already discovered, It is all or nothing approach form Screen Time restrictions for the Camera app. I know you only want to disable it while the iPhone is locked. I like that idea as well however unfortunately not available at present. I have left a ➔ Product Feedback for Apple. I encourage you to do the same. Maybe we will see this in future updates.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 6:47 PM in response to scoobyd00z

Hi Scooby,

As you have already discovered, It is all or nothing approach form Screen Time restrictions for the Camera app. I know you only want to disable it while the iPhone is locked. I like that idea as well however unfortunately not available at present. I have left a ➔ Product Feedback for Apple. I encourage you to do the same. Maybe we will see this in future updates.

Axel F.

Disable the Camera only on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.