Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New update shows you need at least 4GB space in your iPhone

Hello,

My name is Steven lash,I lived in San Diego, I've been facing problem while updating my iphone, New update show you need at least 4gb space in your iphone for new update, I delete most of my images and videos from iphone and start updating my Iphone and at the end it required more 1.5 gb to complete the update. I am just worried why this update required more data as compared to previous one, To complete i need uninstall my important apps,What are the alternative way for this any suggestion.

Thanks,

Steven Lash San Diego

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 2:16 AM

If you need more space for an update

When you're updating your iOS or iPadOS device wirelessly, you might see a message that there's not enough space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. These steps can help.

If there isn't enough space to download and install an update, your device temporarily removes some downloadable parts of installed apps. You shouldn't need to remove or relocate any content. If you still need more space than you have on your device, there are a few ways you can update:

• Plug your device into your computer to update using your computer.
  • Delete content from your device and try to update again.
  • Manage the storage on your device with recommendations.

Update using your computer

To download the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, using your computer, follow these steps:

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Plug your device into your computer.
  3. Locate your device on your computer. You might need to trust your device to continue.
  4. Click Check for Update.
  5. Click Download and Update.

If you see a different alert during an update, learn how to resolve it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 2:16 AM in response to stevenlash

If you need more space for an update

When you're updating your iOS or iPadOS device wirelessly, you might see a message that there's not enough space on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. These steps can help.

If there isn't enough space to download and install an update, your device temporarily removes some downloadable parts of installed apps. You shouldn't need to remove or relocate any content. If you still need more space than you have on your device, there are a few ways you can update:

• Plug your device into your computer to update using your computer.
  • Delete content from your device and try to update again.
  • Manage the storage on your device with recommendations.

Update using your computer

To download the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, using your computer, follow these steps:

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, open Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Plug your device into your computer.
  3. Locate your device on your computer. You might need to trust your device to continue.
  4. Click Check for Update.
  5. Click Download and Update.

If you see a different alert during an update, learn how to resolve it.

New update shows you need at least 4GB space in your iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.