Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

folder sign with question mark and reinstall not working

My Laptop was showing folder sign with question mark when try to login. So I tried to reinstall the mac at the last moment it showing error message that it could not install and restart the program. And when I check with utility disk it's showing error 'exit with error code 8'

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 5:30 AM

sami2019_ wrote:

My Laptop was showing folder sign with question mark when try to login. So I tried to reinstall the mac at the last moment it showing error message that it could not install and restart the program. And when I check with utility disk it's showing error 'exit with error code 8'

If your Mac starts up to a question mark

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 5:30 AM in response to sami2019_

sami2019_ wrote:

If your Mac starts up to a question mark

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

folder sign with question mark and reinstall not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.