Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch workout app not getting gps data

Hello guys, I can’t figure out why my Apple Watch workout app isn’t showing the map after a had a outside workout, it has all the permissions in settings etc.

I saw this (see screenshots) when I opened the location settings on my Apple Watch, it says it will ask about permission when using it, but I never get the question. I also can’t change it in de settings of the Apple Watch, see my screenshots (it’s in Dutch).

Anybody know what to do? Screenshots

I know that my Watch mirrors my iPhone for the privacy settings, but there isn't an app called Apple Watch work out where I can enable the permission for gps.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 6:20 AM

Unpair and re-pair the watch and setup as new,you will be asked if you want to enable route tracking answer yes and you will be able to select while using the app in location settings on the phone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 6:20 AM in response to robbinkg

Unpair and re-pair the watch and setup as new,you will be asked if you want to enable route tracking answer yes and you will be able to select while using the app in location settings on the phone.

Apple Watch workout app not getting gps data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.