Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist Folders Vanish When I Close and Reopen iTunes on my PC

I've just reinstalled my iTunes library on my PC from my iPod Touch using the iMyFone app after accidentally deleting my PC's iTunes music file. (Don't ask...) All of my tunes transferred but all of my folders and a few of my playlists didn't survive the transfer. So, I rebuilt the missing items on my PC's iTunes, but they're gone again when I next open iTunes. Thanks for any ideas on a solution.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 8:11 PM

Hello DCWestender,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with I'd be happy to share information that may help.

You mentioned that you deleted the iTunes Media folder. You may want to double-check to see if you're able to locate it using the steps under "Find the iTunes Media folder" listed in this article: Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC.

You may also want to check out the information here: Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC.

Take care.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 8:11 PM in response to DCWestender

Hello DCWestender,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with I'd be happy to share information that may help.

You mentioned that you deleted the iTunes Media folder. You may want to double-check to see if you're able to locate it using the steps under "Find the iTunes Media folder" listed in this article: Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC.

You may also want to check out the information here: Use multiple iTunes libraries on PC.

Take care.

Playlist Folders Vanish When I Close and Reopen iTunes on my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.