Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn off two-factor authentication on a MacBook Air?

I'm just trying to find out of there is a way for me to disable two-factor authentication on my laptop because I do not have my phone.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 10:36 AM

See the bottom of:

Use two-factor authentication for security on your Mac, iOS devices, and iPadOS devices - Apple Support

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS require this extra level of security.

You may also find this article helpful:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2020 10:36 AM in response to Juanferosle

See the bottom of:

Use two-factor authentication for security on your Mac, iOS devices, and iPadOS devices - Apple Support

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS require this extra level of security.

You may also find this article helpful:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Apr 13, 2020 10:44 AM in response to Juanferosle

See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915 and more specifically the section entitled Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on? You can't turn it off unless you recently updated your account. In this case, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment.

If you are in the two-week period, "Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure."

How can I turn off two-factor authentication on a MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.