Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are just a handful of photos taking up 90% of my iCloud storage?

I have 189 photos on my iPhone 11 right now. I do not have iCloud photos turned on.

According to the iCloud section of my iPhone's settings, Photos are currently taking up 4.5 GB of my 5 GB of iCloud storage. I don't understand how just 189 photos could possibly be taking up 4.5 GB of space. I have gone into Photos on both my iPhone and MacBook Pro and made sure that there aren't photos "hidden" somewhere else (like in the deleted folder).

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 13, 2020 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 12:03 AM

You can check on your mac, if any photos or videos are in iCloud.

On your Mac open the iCloud web page www.icloud.com in a web browser and sign in with your iCloud AppleID. Open the Photos.app there and check, if you have any photos in your iCloud Photos Library. Check also the Recently Deleted album on the iCloud page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 12:03 AM in response to Hemutian

You can check on your mac, if any photos or videos are in iCloud.

On your Mac open the iCloud web page www.icloud.com in a web browser and sign in with your iCloud AppleID. Open the Photos.app there and check, if you have any photos in your iCloud Photos Library. Check also the Recently Deleted album on the iCloud page.

Why are just a handful of photos taking up 90% of my iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.