Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen showing vertical lines.

Respected sir/mam,

This is to bring under your kind notice about what i faced a few days back. I kept my IPhone X beside my pillow on the night of 8th April and went to sleep and later when i woke up the other day I found vertical lines appearing on my screen display. No damage was done to the phone but it starts showing some vertical lines on the whole screen.

My phone never showed any of this such issue earlier .

My phone is the international product which I bought from bhopal on 5th September 2019

and is still under the warranty period. I tried to visit the Apple Inspire store for further help but it is closed till 30th April due to COVID-19 lockdown and I don't have any idea what to do with the phone's condition till lockdown.

However now I am not using my Iphone X from the day this vertical lines came. I had tried some steps which was provided me through apple website. Kindly look after it I will be very thankfull to you.

It would be very kind of you if you could help me out with this problem i am facing.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 3:12 AM

Hard to tell without physical diagnosis of the iPhone. Several things have to. be considered. If Apple determines that it was a manufacturing defect then it can be replaced under warranty. If it determines that it is due to user's negligence then it will not be replaced under warranty. If you have Apple Care and it was determined that it was not a manufacturing defect then the screen can be replaced at a reduced cost.

As you can see that several factors determine the final outcome in your case. Since the stores are closed in your area, I recommend that you start with Apple Support by clicking ➔ HERE.

Axel F.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 3:12 AM in response to rajat182

Hard to tell without physical diagnosis of the iPhone. Several things have to. be considered. If Apple determines that it was a manufacturing defect then it can be replaced under warranty. If it determines that it is due to user's negligence then it will not be replaced under warranty. If you have Apple Care and it was determined that it was not a manufacturing defect then the screen can be replaced at a reduced cost.

As you can see that several factors determine the final outcome in your case. Since the stores are closed in your area, I recommend that you start with Apple Support by clicking ➔ HERE.

Axel F.

Apr 14, 2020 3:30 AM in response to rajat182

I understand. When you get to the Apple Store or authorized repair center then please state your case and allow them to perform the diagnosis and either validate your claim or refute it. This will need to be settled between you and Apple once your iPhone has been examined. You can inquire further directly with Apple by going to Apple Support ➔ HERE.

Axel F.

Apr 14, 2020 2:45 AM in response to rajat182

Hello Rajat,

Your pictures suggest that the screen (display) has failed. It is a hardware issue and more than likely will require screen replacement. Your iPhone needs to be examined physically. I recommend that you take it to an Apple Store or an authorized repair center so that they can perform the diagnoses and provide the remedy to you.

Axel F.

screen showing vertical lines.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.